We asked and these are the responses we have gathered over the last year; well done, guys!
- You can make it at home easily. That is the biggest benefit to me.
- Homemade nut milks are a non-pasteurized and a “living food“, packed full of antioxidants, minerals, phytochemicals, vitamins, enzymes and omega fatty acids.
- I drink it because I am lactose intolerant to cows milk.
- I don’t like or want to use soy milk.
- No animals need to be involved.
- Lot’s of vegan protein.
- It has all the protein, vitamins and minerals of cow’s milk without cholesterol.
- It has more calcium than dairy, this is easy proven!
- Usually gluten free (if you don t add a gluten thickener or buy it in a store without reading what’s all inside)
- Great for baking, cooking and smoothies, ice-cream and yummy fresh blended!
- Different nuts give different tastes and varieties in mineral content.
- If you don’t like nuts you can always use seeds ;) check out pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, etc.
I would like to go deeper into the subject in my post:
3 Heart Healthy Nutmilks.
Leave a response, why do you use nutmilks? What are your favorite nut milk recipes? Promise a reward, but i won’t reveal more here.